Western Australian Current Acts
[Search this Act]
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ACT 2006
TABLE OF PROVISIONS
PART 1 -- Preliminary
1. Short title
3. Terms used
4. Relationship of this Act with other laws
5. Act modified for administration of certain bodies (Sch. 2)
6. Sch. 1 may be amended by regulations
PART 2 -- Accounts
Division 1 -- Public Ledger
7. Public Ledger
8. Consolidated Account
9. Treasurer’s Advance Account
10. Treasurer’s special purpose accounts
Division 2 -- Public Bank Account and other bank accounts
11. Public Bank Account
12. Public Bank Account, application of money in
13. Bank accounts for agencies, restrictions on
14. Bank accounts not to be overdrawn except with Treasurer’s approval
15. Bank accounts for public money etc., restrictions on
Division 3 -- Agency special purpose accounts
16. Agency special purpose accounts
Division 4 -- Administration of special purpose accounts
17. Special purpose statements and trust statements for accounts, preparation of etc.
18. Payments to and from accounts
19. Accounts not to be overdrawn except with Treasurer’s approval
20. Unrequired money in accounts, transfer of from
21. Closing accounts and consequences of
22. Other written laws not affected by this Division
PART 3 -- Funds management
Division 1 -- Supply and appropriation
23. Money received by agency, agency may retain in certain cases
24. Payments before supply granted, Treasurer’s powers to make etc.
25. Appropriations, saving and transfer of in certain cases
26. Appropriations, transfer of to suspense account in certain cases
27. Expenditure for extraordinary etc. matters without appropriation
28. Advances, Treasurer may authorise etc.
29. Expenditure under s. 27 and 28 limited
30. Unexpended appropriations lapse
31. Public Bank Account Interest Earned Account, application of money in
Division 2 -- Payments and transfers
32. Certain payments and transfers to be authorised
33. Consolidated Account, payments from to be under Governor’s warrant etc.
34. Public etc. money received, how to be dealt with
35. Public Bank Account, how payments into to be credited
36. Other money, how to be dealt with
Division 3 -- Investments
37. Public Bank Account, investment of
38. Investment under s. 37, application of proceeds of
39. Investment by agencies
Division 4 -- Annual estimates of statutory authorities
40. Annual estimates, preparation of etc.
Division 5 -- Resource agreements
41. Draft resource agreements, when required etc.
42. Period to which resource agreements relate
43. Content of resource agreements
44. When resource agreements to be agreed if possible
45. Draft resource agreements, Treasurer’s powers as to
46. Draft resource agreements, agreeing on
Division 6 -- Write-offs and recoveries
47. Terms used
49. Loss of official money or property, liability of officers for
50. Recovering amounts from officers liable under s. 49
51. Official losses, investigating
PART 4 -- Accountable authorities
52. Each agency to have accountable authority
53. Functions of accountable authorities
54. Department, who is accountable authority of etc.
55. Statutory authority, who is accountable authority of etc.
56. Sub-departments, entities that are and accountable authorities of
57. Chief finance officers, designation and functions of
58. Financial management system, duties of accountable authorities as to
PART 5 -- Reports
Division 1 -- Treasurer’s reports
59. Financial reports and statements, application of Government Financial Responsibility Act 2000
Division 2 -- Annual reports by agencies
60. Terms used
61. Annual reports, contents of etc.
62. Financial statements for s. 61(1)(a), standards for etc.
63. Financial reports etc. to be submitted to Auditor General and Minister
64. Minister to table agency’s annual report etc.
65. Minister to inform Parliament if annual report and Auditor General’s opinion cannot be tabled on time
Division 3 -- Reporting on abolition of agencies
66. Terms used
67. Purpose of this Division
68. Abolition of agency, reporting after
69. Final report, contents of
70. Directions by Treasurer for this Division
71. Reporting officers entitled to access to accounts etc.
72. Reporting officers to submit financial statements etc. to Auditor General
PART 6 -- Miscellaneous
Division 1 -- Delegations and authorisations
73. Term used: Treasury Corporation official
74. Delegation by Treasurer
75. Delegation by Ministers
76. Delegation and authorisation by Under Treasurer
77. Delegations and authorisations, general provisions about
Division 2 -- Treasurer’s instructions
78. Treasurer’s instructions, issue of etc.
Division 3 -- Miscellaneous powers and duties
79. Treasurer’s power to require information
80. Act of grace payments
81. Actions etc. inhibiting etc. Minister’s parliamentary functions prohibited
82. Ministerial decisions not to give Parliament certain information about agency to be reported to Parliament etc.
Division 4 -- General
83. Laying documents before Parliament, supplementary provision about
85. Review of Act
SCHEDULE 1 -- Statutory authorities
SCHEDULE 2 -- Modifications to the Act as to certain administrations
SCHEDULE 3 -- Modifications to the Act as to the Office of the Auditor General
AustLII: Copyright Policy