(1) The Court, at any time before taking a formal plea from the accused in a criminal proceeding which has been referred to the Assessment and Referral Court List, may adjourn a proceeding in that List for the purposes of a clinical assessment of the accused to—
(a) identify the accused's needs based on the needs criteria set out in section 4T; and
(b) prepare an individual support plan for the accused.
(2) The Court must fix a return date for consideration by the Court of the proposed individual support plan.
(3) On the return date, the Court may—
S. 4V(3)(a) amended by No. 68/2013 s. 5(1).
(a) subject to subsection (5), approve the individual support plan, with or without amendments;
(b) fix bail conditions or any undertakings or other conditions the Court considers appropriate;
(c) make any other order the Court thinks fit.
(4) The Court may adjourn a proceeding under this section for a period not exceeding 12 months to enable the accused to be assessed and participate in and complete his or her individual support plan.
S. 4V(5) inserted by No. 68/2013 s. 5(2).
(5) The Court must take a formal plea from the accused before approving an individual support plan under subsection (3)(a).
S. 4W inserted by No. 12/2010 s. 5.