(1) A candidate for the office of Lord Mayor or Deputy Lord Mayor at a general election must nominate for the office jointly with another person.
(2) The notice of candidature must specify which of the 2 candidates nominating is seeking election as Lord Mayor and which of the candidates is seeking election as Deputy Lord Mayor.
(3) A person may only nominate once for election either to the office of Lord Mayor, or to the office of Deputy Lord Mayor, at an election.
(4) The returning officer must reject any notice of candidature that does not comply with this section.
(5) If a person nominates for election—
(a) to both the office of Lord Mayor and the office of Deputy Lord Mayor; or
(b) to the office of Lord Mayor more than once; or
(c) to the office of Deputy Lord Mayor more than once—
the returning officer must reject any notice of candidature in relation to the person other than the first valid notice of candidature received by the returning officer.