(1) The taxa of native flora and fauna which are endangered are specified in Schedule 3, extant taxa being listed in Part 1 and taxa presumed to be extinct being listed in Part 2.
(2) The taxa of native flora and fauna which are vulnerable are specified in Schedule 4.
(3) The taxa of native flora and fauna which are rare are specified in Schedule 5.
(4) SAC may recommend to the Minister that an eligible taxon of native flora or fauna be added to Schedule 3, 4 or 5 or that any taxon of native flora or fauna which is no longer eligible be omitted from Schedule 3, 4 or 5.
(5) After considering a recommendation of SAC and after giving notice in accordance with section 14, the Minister may, by order published in the Gazette, add an item to, amend an item in, or omit an item from, Schedule 3, 4 or 5.
(6) SAC must, at least once in each period of 5 years, review each taxon listed in Schedules 3, 4 and 5 and recommend to the Minister any variation of those Schedules considered appropriate.