(1) The Administrator may, in writing, suspend the Commissioner from duty on the ground of misbehaviour or physical or mental incapacity.
(2) The Minister must, within 3 sitting days after the suspension, present a statement of the reasons for the suspension to the Legislative Assembly.
(3) The Administrator must terminate the Commissioner's appointment if, within 7 sitting days after presenting the statement, a resolution is passed by a two-thirds majority of the Legislative Assembly requesting the termination.
(4) The Commissioner must resume duties if:
(a) the Minister does not present the statement under subsection (2); or
(b) the Legislative Assembly does not pass the resolution under subsection (3).
(5) The Commissioner is entitled to be paid remuneration and allowances during the suspension.
(6) The Administrator must terminate the Commissioner's appointment if the Commissioner:
(a) becomes bankrupt; or
(b) applies to take the benefit of a law for the relief of bankrupt or insolvent debtors; or
(c) compounds with creditors or makes an assignment of the Commissioner's remuneration for their benefit.