(1) For investigating the complaint, the Commissioner may request a person:
(a) to give the Commissioner specified information by a reasonable time specified in the notice; or
(b) to attend before the Commissioner at a reasonable time and place specified in the notice:
(i) to give information and answer questions about a specified matter; or
(ii) to produce a specified thing; or
(c) to communicate with the Commissioner in any other way about a specified matter at a reasonable time specified in the notice.
(2) If a person gives the Commissioner a thing under the notice, the Commissioner:
(a) may inspect it and make a copy of it; and
(b) must return it to the person as soon as practicable.
(3) For subsection (1), the Commissioner may require a person:
(a) to make an oath; or
(b) to verify a written statement of the person by oath.
(4) The person must comply with the requirement.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(5) It is a defence to a prosecution for an offence against subsection (4) if the defendant has a reasonable excuse.
(6) The Commissioner may administer an oath or make other arrangements for administering an oath for subsection (3).