(1) An authorised officer may exercise powers under this section for monitoring one or both of the following:
(a) compliance with this Chapter;
(b) the wellbeing of children for whom children's services are provided.
(2) For subsection (1), an authorised officer may, at any reasonable time:
(a) enter a place where the officer reasonably believes children's services are provided; and
(b) inspect the place and facilities at the place; and
(c) require any person at the place to give the officer specified information or produce specified records; and
(d) operate any electronic equipment at the place to retrieve the records; and
(e) make extracts or copies of the records.
(3) A person must comply with a requirement given to the person by the officer for subsection (2).
Maximum penalty: 100 penalty units or imprisonment for 12 months.
(4) It is a defence to a prosecution for an offence against subsection (3) if the defendant has a reasonable excuse.
(5) If the officer enters a place without producing the officer's identity card when requested to do so:
(a) the officer may not stay at the place; and
(b) a person is not required to comply with a requirement given to the person for subsection (2).