(1) The Commissioner or a person authorised by the Commissioner must notify in accordance with subsection (2) a person to whom section 21(1) applies.
(2) The notice must specify that the person to whom the notice relates may, within 7 days after the notice is given, apply to the Commissioner or authorised person for the return of the prohibited weapon, controlled weapon, offensive weapon or body armour specified in the notice.
(3) If a person does not apply within 7 days after notice is given under subsection (1) for the return of an object specified in the notice, the object is forfeited to the Territory.
(4) If a person applies within 7 days after notice is given under subsection (1) for the return of the object specified in the notice, the Commissioner or a person authorised by the Commissioner must, if required by this Act to return the object, give the person notice in accordance with subsection (5).
(5) to the notice must specify that the object to which the notice relates may be collected by the person specified in the notice from the police station specified in the notice within 21 days after the notice is given.
(6) An object may only be returned to a person under this section by being collected by the person from the police station at which it is kept within the time specified in the notice under subsection (4).
(7) An object must not be returned under this section to a person under 18 years of age unless the person's parent or guardian is with him or her when it is returned.
(8) Notice under this section may be given in person, by telephone or by post.