(1) A person may apply to the Commissioner for an approval for the use of premises as a paintball range.
(2) The application must be in the approved form.
(3) The Commissioner must, as soon as practicable:
(a) consider the application and approve or refuse it; and
(b) give written notice to the applicant of the decision and, if refused, the reasons for it.
(4) Without limiting subsection (3), the Commissioner must refuse the application unless satisfied:
(a) the person has all necessary approvals for the use of the premises as a paintball range under the laws of the Territory; and
(b) the premises are suitable for use as a paintball range; and
(c) the use of firearms on the premises will not constitute a danger to persons on the premises or to the public in the vicinity of the premises.
(5) In deciding whether premises are suitable for use as a paintball range, the Commissioner must consider:
(a) if a building is constructed on the premises – its design and construction; or
(b) if a building is to be constructed on the premises – its design and proposed construction.
(6) The approval may be subject to the reasonable conditions the Commissioner considers appropriate.