(1) A person may apply to the Commissioner in the approved form for an approval under this section in respect of the premises specified in the application.
(2) The Commissioner is to, as soon as practicable after receiving an application under subsection (1), approve or refuse to approve the premises.
(3) The Commissioner is to refuse to approve premises unless satisfied that the premises are equipped with approved safety equipment and the premises are located and constructed so that the use of firearms on the premises will not constitute a danger to persons on the premises or to the public in the vicinity of the premises.
(4) The Commissioner may, when approving premises, or at any time while an approval remains in force, give a direction to a person concerning the use, control or administration of the premises for the preservation of public safety and the safety of the persons on the premises.
(5) A person to whom a direction is given under subsection (4) must not contravene the direction.
Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units or imprisonment for 12 months or, in the case of a body corporate, 200 penalty units.
(6) The Commissioner may suspend, for a specified period or until specified conditions are complied with, or revoke an approval given under this section if satisfied that:
(a) the premises are a danger to persons or to the public in the vicinity of the premises; or
(b) a direction given under subsection (4) has not been complied with.