(1) An application to register a firearm is to be:
(a) in the approved form; and
(b) accompanied by the determined fee; and
(c) lodged with the Commissioner.
(2) Subject to this section, the Commissioner is to register a firearm that is the subject of an application.
(3) The Commissioner:
(a) is not to register a firearm unless the applicant is the holder of a licence that permits the holder to possess firearms of the category of the firearm to be registered; and
(b) may refuse to register a firearm if the applicant is the holder of a firearms club junior licence.
(4) The Commissioner may refuse to register a firearm if it is not produced to a police officer for inspection.
(5) The Commissioner registers a firearm by entering in the register particulars of the firearm and particulars relating to the person in whose name it is registered.
(6) The Commissioner is to issue a certificate of registration to a person in whose name a firearm is registered where:
(a) the firearm is registered in accordance with subsection (5); or
(b) the Commissioner records in the register a change in the particulars relating to the person in whose name a firearm is registered.