(1) A permit is subject to:
(a) the conditions that are prescribed; and
(b) the conditions specified by the Commissioner.
(2) A permit remains in force for the period determined by the Commissioner and specified in the permit.
(3) The Commissioner may suspend or revoke a permit for any reason for which a licence may be suspended or revoked or that may be prescribed.
(4) The suspension or revocation of a permit takes effect when notice is served on the holder of the permit.
(5) If a permit is suspended or revoked, the person to whom it was granted must immediately surrender it, and any firearm in respect of which it was granted, to a police officer.
Maximum penalty: 50 penalty units or imprisonment for 12 months.
(6) A police officer may seize a firearm in respect of which a permit was granted if the permit is suspended or revoked.
(7) Subject to this Act, a permit expires 3 months after the holder ceases to reside in the Territory.