(1) The regulations may contain provisions of a savings or transitional nature consequent on the enactment of this Act or any Act that amends this Act.
(2) Any such provision may, if the regulations so provide, take effect from the date of assent to the Act concerned or a later date.
(3) To the extent to which any such provision takes effect from a date that is earlier than the date of its publication in the Gazette, the provision does not operate so as:(a) to affect, in a manner prejudicial to any person (other than the State or an authority of the State), the rights of that person existing before the date of its publication, or(b) to impose liabilities on any person (other than the State or an authority of the State) in respect of anything done or omitted to be done before the date of its publication.
"Archives Office" means the Archives Office and its branches established under the repealed Act.
"former Authority" means the Authority constituted by the repealed Act.
"new Authority" means the Authority constituted by this Act.
"repealed Act" means the Archives Act 1960 .
The new Authority is a continuation of and the same legal entity as the former Authority.
Anything done by or on behalf of the former Authority or the Archives Office that had any force or effect immediately before the repeal of the repealed Act is taken to have been done by or on behalf of the new Authority.
The public archives deposited and preserved under the repealed Act as State archives in the Archives Office are transferred to the control of the new Authority and become State archives for the purposes of this Act.
Any agreement, understanding or other arrangement in force immediately before the commencement of this clause between the Archives Office or the former Authority and any person under which the person has possession or custody of a State record that the new Authority is entitled to control of under this Act continues to have effect as an agreement, understanding or other arrangement between the new Authority and that person.
Any agreement, understanding or other arrangement in force immediately before the commencement of this clause whereby the former Authority or the Archives Office has possession, custody, control or care of any records (whether or not they are archives referred to in clause 4) continues to have effect as an agreement, understanding or other arrangement with the new Authority. Possession, custody, control or care (as appropriate) of the records concerned accordingly passes to the new Authority.
The State records transferred to the control of the new Authority by clause 4 are taken to be the subject of access directions under Part 6 (Public access to State records after 30 years) of this Act, as follows:
(a) all the records so transferred are taken to be the subject of an OPA direction, except those to which paragraph (b) applies, and
(b) the records that were, immediately before the repeal of the repealed Act, the subject of a notice under section 14 (6) (a) (ii) of that Act are taken to be the subject of CPA directions given on that repeal and expressed to remain in force for 5 years from that repeal.
(1) The persons who are the members of the former Authority immediately before the repeal of the repealed Act are taken to have been appointed as the members of the Board of the new Authority (
"the initial members" ) for a term that equals the unexpired term of their appointment as members of the former Authority, as specified in their instruments of appointment as members.
(2) It does not matter that as a result of this clause the initial membership of the Board does not satisfy the requirements of section 69.
(3) When the office of an initial member of the Board becomes vacant (whether because of the completion of a term of office or otherwise), the appointment of a person to fill the vacancy is to be made on the basis that it is an appointment to the category of member that the Minister determines is the category that most closely approximates the category and qualifications of the member whose office becomes vacant.
(4) For the purposes of this clause, section 4 (4) (a) of the repealed Act is taken to have provided at all relevant times that the members of the former Authority hold office for such period not exceeding 3 years as is specified in their instruments of appointment as members.
The person who was the Chairperson of the former Authority immediately before the repeal of the repealed Act is taken to have been appointed as Chairperson of the Board of the new Authority.
In this Part,
"amending Act" means the State Records Amendment Act 2005 .
The amendment of section 19 (3) by the amending Act is for the avoidance of doubt and accordingly is taken to have had effect from the commencement of section 19.
The amendment of section 54 (3) by the amending Act does not apply to an application made under section 54 before the commencement of that amendment.
The use of the corporate name State Records NSW before the commencement of the amendment of section 63 made by the amending Act is as valid and effectual as it would have been had the amendment been in force at the time of use.
Section 78 (2), as inserted by the amending Act, does not apply in relation to an offence that was committed or is alleged to have been committed before the commencement of that subsection.
The amendment of section 63 (1) by the Statute Law (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act (No 2) 2016 effects the alteration of the name of the Authority in terms of section 53 of the Interpretation Act 1987 and accordingly that section applies.