(1) The Secretary must issue an identity card to an authorised officer.
Form of identity card
(2) The identity card must:
(a) be in the form approved by the Secretary; and
(b) contain a recent photograph of the authorised officer.
Authorised officer must carry card
(3) An authorised officer must carry the identity card at all times when exercising powers and performing functions and duties as an authorised officer.
(4) A person commits an offence if:
(a) the person ceases to be an authorised officer; and
(b) within 14 days of so ceasing, the person does not return the person's identity card to the Secretary.
Penalty: 1 penalty unit.
(5) Subsection (4) is an offence of strict liability.
Note: For offences of strict liability, see subsection 6.1(1) of the Criminal Code .
Exception--card lost or destroyed
(6) Subsection (4) does not apply if the identity card was lost or destroyed.
Note: A defendant bears an evidential burden in relation to the matter in this subsection (see subsection 13.3(3) of the Criminal Code ).