Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 58AA
Meaning of court and Court
(1) Subject to subsection (2), in this Act:
"court" means any court.
"Court" means any of the following courts:
- the Federal Court;
- the Supreme Court of a State or Territory;
- the Family Court of Australia;
- a court to which section 41 of the Family Law Act 1975 applies
because of a Proclamation made under subsection 41(2) of that Act.
(2) Except where there is a clear expression of a contrary intention (for
example, by use of the expression "the Court"), proceedings in relation to a
matter under this Act may, subject to Part 9.7, be brought in any court.
- Note: The matters dealt with in Part 9.7 include the applicability of
limits on the jurisdictional competence of courts.
AustLII: Copyright Policy