Commonwealth Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
CORPORATIONS ACT 2001 - SECT 157
Company changing its name
(1) If a company wants to change its name, it must:
- pass a
special resolution adopting a new name; and
- lodge an application in the prescribed form with ASIC.
- Note: The company may reserve a name before the resolution is passed or the
application is lodged (see section 152).
(2) The company must lodge a copy of the special resolution with ASIC within
14 days after it is passed.
(3) If the proposed name is available, ASIC must change the company's name by
altering the details of the company's registration to reflect the change. The
change of name takes effect when ASIC alters the details of the company's
- Note: For available names, see section 147.
AustLII: Copyright Policy