(1) The Commission shall consist of not less than 3 and not more than 5 commissioners.
(2) The commissioners shall be appointed by the Governor-General.
(3) The Minister may, from time to time, request organizations representing veterans to submit to the Minister lists of names of persons from which the organization concerned recommends that a selection be made of persons to serve as commissioners.
(4) The Governor-General shall, in appointing a person to be a commissioner, ensure that, when the proposed appointment takes effect, one of the commissioners, at least, will be a person whose name was, when the person was appointed, on a list submitted in accordance with a request made under subsection (3).
(5) Subject to section 184, a commissioner holds office on a full-time basis.
(7) A commissioner holds office for such period, not exceeding 5 years, as is specified in the instrument of appointment, but is eligible for re-appointment.
(8) A commissioner holds office on such terms and conditions (if any), in respect of matters not provided for by this Act, as are determined by the Governor-General by instrument in writing.
(9) The appointment of a commissioner is not invalidated, and shall not be called in question, by reason of a defect or irregularity in, or in connection with, the appointment.
(10) In this section, appointment includes re-appointment.