Committed to service
(1) The APS is professional, objective, innovative and efficient, and works collaboratively to achieve the best results for the Australian community and the Government.
(2) The APS demonstrates leadership, is trustworthy, and acts with integrity, in all that it does.
(3) The APS respects all people, including their rights and their heritage.
(4) The APS is open and accountable to the Australian community under the law and within the framework of Ministerial responsibility.
(5) The APS is apolitical and provides the Government with advice that is frank, honest, timely and based on the best available evidence.