Requiring parties to attend conferences
(1) The person conducting the mediation may direct a party to attend at a conference.
Limiting parties at conferences
(2) The person conducting the mediation may direct that only one or some of the parties may attend, and be represented, at a conference.
Excluding parties from conferences
(3) If the person conducting the mediation considers that:
(a) a party, or a party's representative, at a conference is disrupting or hindering the conference; or
(b) excluding a party, or a party's representative, from a conference would help to resolve matters;
the person may direct that the party or representative not attend at that conference or at other conferences.
Parties may be represented
(4) A party may be represented by a barrister, a solicitor or another person.
Mediation in good faith
(5) Each party, and each person representing a party, must act in good faith in relation to the conduct of the mediation.