Notice to persons who are not parties to an agreement
(1) The Registrar must give notice of the agreement, in accordance with subsection (2), to any of the following who are not parties to the agreement:
(a) the Commonwealth Minister;
(b) if the agreement covers an area within the jurisdictional limits of a State or Territory--the State Minister or the Territory Minister for the State or Territory;
(c) any representative Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander body for the area covered by the agreement;
(d) any local government body for the area covered by the agreement;
(e) any other person whom the Registrar, having regard to the nature of the agreement, considers appropriate.
Content of notice
(2) The notice under subsection (1) must:
(a) identify the area covered by the agreement, whether by including a map or otherwise; and
(b) state the name of each party to the agreement and the address at which the party can be contacted; and
(c) set out:
(i) any statements included in the agreement that are of a kind mentioned in paragraph 24EB(1)(b), (c) or (d) or 24EBA(1)(a); or
(ii) a summary of any statements included in the agreement that are of that kind, together with information about where further detail about the statements may be obtained.
Notice to specify day
(3) The notice under subsection (1) must specify a day as the notification day for the agreement. Each such notice in relation to the agreement must specify the same day.
Which days may be specified
(4) That day must be a day by which, in the Registrar's opinion, it is reasonable to assume that all notices under subsection (1) in relation to the agreement will have been received by, or will otherwise have come to the attention of, the persons who must be notified under that subsection.
Notice to parties to the agreement
(5) The Registrar must give notice to the parties to the agreement of the notification day for the agreement that was specified in the notice under subsection (1).