(1) A person may make an application for a BOTP loan if:
(a) the person holds an assessment statement issued by a relevant assessing body for a listed professional occupation; and
(b) the person has enrolled in, or proposes to enrol in, a BOTP course for a study period at an institution; and
(c) the BOTP course relates to the assessment statement; and
(d) the study period began on or after 1 July 2002.
(2) The application must be made on or before the census date for the BOTP course for the study period.
(3) The application must state that the applicant asks the Commonwealth, in the event that, on the census date for the BOTP course for the study period, the applicant:
(a) meets the citizenship/residency requirements; and
(b) is enrolled in the BOTP course for the study period at the institution; and
(c) has not paid the full amount of the fees charged by the institution for so much of the BOTP course as is being undertaken by the applicant for the study period;
to lend to the applicant the amount of those fees outstanding and to use the amount so lent to pay the fees outstanding on behalf of the applicant.
(4) The application must also acknowledge that, if the Commonwealth complies with the request, the applicant will be liable to make payments under Chapter 5A.
(5) The application must be:
(a) in the approved form; and
(b) signed by the applicant; and
(c) given to an appropriate officer of the institution.
(6) Two or more applications may be set out in the same document if the applications are made by the same person and relate to the same BOTP course.