Keeping of register
(1) The Commission must keep, at such place as it thinks fit, a register for the purposes of this section.
Information on the register
(2) If a person has given the Commission a locality notice, the Commission must, as soon as practicable after the end of the applicable period in relation to the notice, include in the register:
(a) a copy of the notice, on which has been endorsed, or to which has been attached, a statement indicating the outcome of the Commission's consideration of the notice (including any action taken by it in relation to the notice and the outcome of any such action); and
(b) a copy of each notice given under this Part to, or by, the Commission in relation to the locality notice; and
(c) a statement of the reasons for the outcome of the Commission's consideration of the locality notice.
(3) The Commission must, within 3 months after the end of the applicable period in relation to the locality notice, cause to be published in the Gazette a notice:
(a) stating that the Commission received the locality notice and specifying the date it received the notice; and
(b) setting out such particulars (if any) relating to the outcome of the Commission's consideration of the locality notice as it considers appropriate.
Exclusion of confidential information
(4) A person who gives the Commission a document in relation to a locality notice, or who makes an oral submission to the Commission in relation to such a notice, may ask it to exclude from a document to be placed in the register any information:
(a) that was in the document given by the person or in the submission made by the person; and
(b) that the person claims is confidential.
(5) The Commission may exclude the information if it is satisfied that the claim is justified and is not of the opinion that disclosure of the information is necessary in the public interest.
(6) An application may be made to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal for the review of a decision under subsection (5) to refuse to exclude the information.
Inspection of register
(7) A person may, at any time during ordinary office hours in the place where the register is kept, inspect or make copies of, or take extracts from, the register.
Validity of acts done
(8) The validity of an act done by the Commission in relation to a locality notice is not affected by a failure of the Commission to comply with this section.