Tribunal to notify decision maker
(1) If an application for review of a decision (however described) is made under this Part, the Tribunal must notify the decision maker of the application.
(2) If the application is made under section 44K, 44L, 44LJ, 44LK or 44O, the Tribunal must also notify the Council of the application.
Decision maker to give material to Tribunal
(3) The decision maker must give the following information to the Tribunal within the period specified by the Tribunal:
(a) if the decision is taken to have been made because of the operation of subsection 44H(9), 44J(7), 44LG(6), 44LI(7), 44N(4) or 44NB(3A)--all of the information that the Council took into account in connection with making the recommendation to which the decision under review relates;
(b) if the decision is taken to have been made because of the operation of subsection 44PD(6), 44XA(6) or 44ZZBC(6)--any information or documents given to the Commission in connection with the decision to which the review relates, other than information or documents in relation to which the Commission could not have regard because of subparagraph 44PE(6)(c)(iii) or 44ZZBD(6)(c)(iii);
(c) otherwise--all of the information that the decision maker took into account in connection with the making of the decision to which the review relates.
Tribunal may request further information
(4) The Tribunal may request such information that the Tribunal considers reasonable and appropriate for the purposes of making its decision on a review under this Part.
(5) A request under subsection (4) must be made by written notice given to a person specifying the information requested and the period within which the information must be given to the Tribunal.
(6) The Tribunal must:
(a) give a copy of the notice to:
(i) the person who applied for review; and
(ii) if the application is made under section 44K, 44L, 44LJ, 44LK or 44O--the Council; and
(iii) if the application is made under section 44PG, 44PH, 44ZP, 44ZX or 44ZZBF--the Commission; and
(iv) any other person who has been made a party to the proceedings for review by the Tribunal; and
(b) publish, by electronic or other means, the notice.
(7) Without limiting the information that may be given in accordance with the notice, information may include information that could not have reasonably been made available to the decision maker at the time the decision under review was made.
Certain material before the Tribunal not to be disclosed
(8) The Tribunal may, on the application of a person, prohibit or restrict the disclosure of the contents of a document or other information given to the Tribunal under this section if the Tribunal is satisfied that it is desirable to do so because of the confidential nature of the document or other information, or for any other reason.
(9) In this section:
"decision maker " , in relation to an application for review under this Part, means:
(a) if the application was made under section 44K, 44L, 44LJ or 44LK--the designated Minister; or
(b) if the application was made under section 44O--the Commonwealth Minister; or
(c) if the application was made under section 44PG, 44PH, 44ZP, 44ZX, or 44ZZBF--the Commission.