(1) Subject to this section, the embargo period for an embargo notice must not be longer than:
(a) if the inspector giving the notice secures consumer goods under section 135V or secures equipment under section 135W--24 hours; or
(b) otherwise--28 days.
Extensions of embargo period
(2) An inspector may, before the embargo period ends, apply to a judge of the Federal Court for an extension of the period.
(3) If an inspector intends to make an application under subsection (2), the inspector must, before making the application, notify the occupier of the premises to which the embargo notice relates of that intention.
(4) The occupier of the premises is entitled to be heard in relation to the application.
(5) The judge may extend the embargo period for a specified period if the judge is satisfied that the extension is necessary in all the circumstances.