(1) This section has effect if the Minister refers to the Copyright Tribunal under section 135ZZZO an application of a body to be declared a collecting society.
(2) The parties to the reference are the applicant and any person made a party by the Tribunal.
(3) The Tribunal may make a person a party if:
(a) the person asks to be made a party; and
(b) the Tribunal thinks that the person has a sufficient interest in either or both of the following questions:
(i) whether the applicant should be declared to be a collecting society for all relevant copyright owners (as defined in Part VD) or a particular class of relevant copyright owners;
(ii) whether another body should cease to be the collecting society for any of the relevant copyright owners (as defined in Part VD) if the applicant is declared to be a collecting society.
(4) After giving each party an opportunity to present its case, the Tribunal must:
(a) declare the applicant to be a collecting society under section 135ZZZO; or
(b) reject the application.
(5) If the Tribunal declares the applicant to be the collecting society under section 135ZZZO, the Registrar must publish notice of the declaration in the Gazette .