Australian Capital Territory Numbered Acts
[Search this Act]
DOMESTIC RELATIONSHIPS ACT 1994 (NO. 28 OF 1994)
TABLE OF PROVISIONS
PART I--PRELIMINARY SHORT TITLE
1. This Act may be cited as the Domestic Relationships Act 1994.
4. Application of Act
5. Other relief or remedies not affected
PART II--MEDIATION AND ARBITRATION ADVICE ABOUT FACILITIES
6. (1) On request by—
8. Referral of matters for mediation or arbitration
9. Admissions made to mediators
PART III--ADJUSTMENT OF PROPERTY INTERESTS AND MAINTENANCE
10. (1) Subject to subsection (2), proceedings under this Act may be instituted in—
11. Prerequisite for relief—residence etc.
12. Prerequisite for relief—length of relationship etc.
13. Time limit for making applications
14. Court to end financial relations
15. Property orders
16. Deferment of order
17. Death of party—effect on proceedings
18. Except as otherwise provided by this Division, a party to a domestic relationship is not liable to maintain the other party to the relationship.
19. Maintenance orders
20. Interim maintenance
21. Death of party—effect on application
22. Periodic maintenance orders—duration
23. Periodic maintenance orders—variation etc.
24. Periodic maintenance orders—cessation
25. For the purposes of this Act but without limiting the generality of the other provisions of this Part, a court may—
26. Execution of instruments by order of a court
27. Urgent orders etc. in the absence of a party
28. Variation and setting aside of orders
29. Transactions to defeat claims
30. Interests of other parties
PART IV--DOMESTIC RELATIONSHIP AGREEMENTS AND TERMINATION AGREEMENTS
32. Validity of agreements
33. Effect of agreements in proceedings under Part III
34. Variation etc. of agreements
35. Revocation etc. of agreements
36. Death of party—effect on periodic maintenance under agreement
37. Death of party—transfer of property and lump sum payments under agreement
PART V--MISCELLANEOUS DECLARATIONS--EXISTENCE OF DOMESTIC
38. (1) A court may, on application or its own motion, declare whether a domestic relationship exists, or existed, between specified persons on a specified date or during a specified period, or both.
39. Annulment of declaration
40. Declarations—interests in property
41. Enforcement by Magistrates Court of certain Supreme Court orders
AustLII: Copyright Policy